Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wedding Sunday...

Last Sunday I attended a friend's wedding at a hotel in Bukit Bintang area. It was quite a classy affairs, with a few notable VIPs attending. Overall it was quite an experience as I was yet to attend any friend's weddings to the extend of hanging out or we Malaysians prefer to call lepaking with the groom and bride after the ceremony. Usually we go for the wedding, feasted and meet the newly weds for a brief time and then that's it. But with A.D. and Bet, it was different. This is the itinerary for the wedding:

6.00 pm - Arrival of guests.
7.00 pm - Arrival of bride and bridegroom. Start of ceremony.
8.00 pm - Dinner feast begins. Guests were entertained by dances and songs.

9.30 pm - Speeches by friends and family and the groom himself. And cake cutting ceremony. 10.00 pm - Wedding ceremony officially ended. Guests started to depart.

11.00 pm - Photo session with friends and family ended. The newly weds, friends and family returned to hotel rooms for rest after a long day.

11.30 pm - I was surrounded by tired companions and notably the newly weds at apparently the living room of their suite. Liverpool and Chelsea were battling it out in the TV but I wasn't interested.

12.30 am - A friend started to introduce a poker set on the table. Quickly he was joined by 2 more buddies and the newly weds. I declared that I will only watch them play as they were betting as well.

1.00 am - Poker game was in full fledged session. I decided to watch TV. CSI was showing.

2.00 am - Poker game was still in full fledged session. A buddy has just lost all his chips. 3 players left. I got back to TV and tried to doze off but was unable to.

3.00 am - Poker game still goes on. By this time my shirt was soaked in cigarette smokes. I continued watching CSI while glaring once a while at the game.

4.00 am - Players started to get hungry so a team was dispatched to buy foods for all of us hungries who were still awake. I decided to depart and say my goodbyes to all. They who will do the buying will drop me off at where my car was parked.

4.45 am - Driving my way home.
5.15 am - Arrived home. Took a shower and landed myself on my bunk. Unconscious for the next 5 hours.


Basically that was how my day goes that Sunday. The next day I got the news that the bride won the game after a 'sink or swim' bet and this was almost after 7 am. It is the first and probably my only experience where the bride and groom plays poker with friends after their wedding. Cool. A.D. and Bet, selamat berbahagia ke anak cucu. Hope you both grows old together, ever after. Rasa jeles pon ada sikit...but my time will come :)

P.S- Owh, my World of Warcraft subscription just expired. That's why the higher turnout of articles beginning this month :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. At least them love birds managed to control their libido and not going all out after the reception. That gotta takes a lot of will power, yo. :P

p.s.: Al, don't forget to invite me when your time comes. ;)

Doughlicious Cafe said...

heheh, ada rahsia disebalik tu. forgot to write that diorang nikah seminggu sbelum tuh. and this is the ceremony at the groom's side. so well, uh, well, err...heheh

tula, its quite fun and as always with all weddings, ada la ogling skit2, tak bole nak elak. time2 camni aweks semua melaram. tp yg paling seronok tgk newly weds buat aktiviti sama2, sehati sejiwa. damn, i want that :)

kekeke, insyaallah, kalo ada rezeki pasti akan ku ajak...

rexxdelarocha said...

Damn. Kau dah tulis dulu.

Well, she's called Lady Luck for a reason :P