Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Took me 8 years...

I admit I am a late comer. Let me quote a poem from Lat's Mat Som to get a clear picture. "Bila aku berdiri orang duduk, bila orang melepas merpati, aku menabur padi". Ok, I might get it wrong somehow but there's that poem inside that graphic novel, I swear. Just now I watched "The Fast and The Furious" which if you believed; I've never watched it. Not when it came out in 2001. And the folowing 2 movies before Fast and Furious 2009. Aku memang tak pernah tengok cerita-cerita yang mempunyai tajuk Fast and Furious di dalamnya. Ya. Serius. Berapa kali lagi aku nak kata? Ok, takpe, biar korang tertanya-tanya mana aku pegi dalam hampir 8 tahun sejak first cerita tu keluar. I can wait until you all cleared out your curiosity :)

When the movie went out somewhere in 2001, guys around my age and older(the 17-35 age demographic) went crazy about racing-specs Japanese cars. The Supra, RX-7 and other bunch of noisy, fast cars were the talk of the town(still is apparently). I on the other hand, being me; the not into "gempak-present-things-that-is-the-talk-of-the-town" person was slightly aware of it. Yeah, sure I know the movie. Everywhere people talk about it. It made more people aware that Japanese cars(lightly build, low fuel consumption, town rider specs) can actually go toe to toe with established racers from Europe and the US. At a lower price. That's the magic words :)

Back to me, maybe at that time I wasn't into cars. I played pc games a lot during that period (1999-2004) so my focus was on upgrading my gaming rig rather concentrating on things that I can't afford. I maybe sneered a little when my friends start talking about car things(and still is), style of driving(rather than drift or drag on paved road I preffered racing rally style, and yes, still do), auto parts and physics of racing(oh yeah, when they start talking about that I humm a song and try to think something nice :P)

Well people changed when they get older and so do I. I mean I still play games on what free times I had, updating myself on the ICT stuffs so that I can catch up with my work and all, but last few years when I start earning, I started to care for my 16 years old beaten up Wira. I try to educate myself on all thing cars(eventhough my dad always brought me to the workshop since I was 7 to familiarised me with this greasy automobile world), actually understands what the guys was talking about when it came to cars and even read car magazines like Top Gear and such. It took me 8 years to fully appreciate The Fast and The Furious...I am as what they say...a late comer...

Fast and Furious 5 is in development. Paul Walker said, “I’ve spoken with executives at Universal at this point and they’re pretty serious about it. They’re developing it. They know where they want it to take place. They want to do it in Europe.” Vin Diesel has also stated that he always planned to make two more films. "I try to think out the story even before we go to shoot the film that's at hand," he said. "So, yes I had been thinking about it. I actually thought of shooting both of the movies back-to-back with Universal with the president of Universal and he was like, 'What? We're just getting our feet back together.'

Quote:

-So, Bentley Continental GT anyone? :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know about the working(at least some)of cars(yours particularly) just in case your car suddenly stranded in the middle of nowhere with no cell reception or passerby, you would not freaked out that much.

Personally, I'm not the kind person who talks much about cars [unless as an ice breaker(or dealing with car salesmen who try to bull you to kingdom come), and even that depends on the crowd (what doesn't :P)] and particularly not interested in what most of them has to say, which usually the things I already know or things I can get from reading brochures. Tell me something i don't know, dammit!

and oh, I believe cars is one of those things that are best seen in action rather than words. Nothing beats the feeling of pushing a car to the limit. Yes, it even applies to a lowly K-car. :P

As for F&F, nothing much to be said about it. The race/car chase scenes were too short. As much as I love seeing Walker and Diesel together again on silver screen, I almost fell asleep during the show.

'tho I did agree with what Diesel's character said in the movie - "I like woman who does not afraid to get her hands dirty."
or something along the line. But the point is - Booyah, instant boner!

That line is probably what I'll use to justify the 20 bucks I spent for the movie. huhuhu.

Doughlicious Cafe said...

lepas dah keje baru ler aku bole btul2 concentrate kat keter tuh, lucky it has been top-overhauled by my dad and so did most of the engine parts and suspension systems, they had been done by my old man.

for F&F, it was ok, at least it made me want to see the 1st movie of the series, didn't it? and comparing between the two, maybe I can say that the latter definitely had more racing n cars stuffs, the former more to drama n storyline.

"I like woman who does not afraid to get her hands dirty." Definitely dude, definitely! applies to all spectrum of life. name it, be it on cars, gaming,etc. the point is that guys like their girls being involved at the activity level. i mean keep your femininity but at the same time, try to get involved with the guy things. that way you'll understand us better. hey, we are always there to accompany them shopping and all, right bro?